No subject

Wed Jul 15 11:13:46 UTC 2009

provides Linux drivers for some of their models. They tend to use their own
protocol to connect with printer and scanner rather than the commonly used
CUPS and SANE.
They may cause problems for some end-user applications such as GIMP.

Regards,

Tommy He

On 2 April 2010 13:59, Tim Medcalf <tim at kadixi.com> wrote:

> Hi Everyone,
>
> My first post to the group so apologies if this has been covered before...
>
> I'm looking for a wireless printer, good for photos and general/business
> printing. Photocopying and scanning would be great too. Duplex would be a
> plus too.
>
> Can anyone recommend one? I'm thinking HP is the way to go, but willing to
> be corrected!
>
> If it helps, I'm currently running ubuntu lucid beta 1 but also have a
> couple of karmic machines.
>
> Cheers,
>
> Tim

Take a Deep Breath out of Windows

--0015175dd9cef5c0e804834333ef

I am not sure about the wireless printer one but the HP printers mostly hav=
e great support on Linux.<br><br>From my experience of Canon MP272, I do no=
t recommend Canon ones though they provides Linux drivers for some of their=
 models. They tend to use their own protocol to connect with printer and sc=
anner rather than the commonly used CUPS and SANE. <br>
They may cause problems for some end-user applications such as GIMP.<br><br=
 13:59, Tim Medcalf <span dir=3D"ltr">&lt;<a href=3D"mailto:tim at kadixi.com"=
r-left: 1px solid rgb(204, 204, 204); padding-left: 1ex;">Hi Everyone,<br><=
br>My first post to the group so apologies if this has been covered before.=
..<br>
iness printing. Photocopying and scanning would be great too. Duplex would =
be a plus too.<br>
ling to be corrected!<br><br>If it helps, I&#39;m currently running ubuntu =
Wylug-discuss mailing list<br>