[Wylug-discuss] Mailing list software

Nigel Metheringham nigel.metheringham at dev.intechnology.co.uk
Sun Apr 18 10:51:02 UTC 2010

I've been doing mailing lists for a long time - managing them for pushing 20 years - and have not as yet found a solution that I am completely happy with.

Currently all the lists I run are Mailman based - its basically not too bad, but slightly rough in places.  Following installation it can 99% be administered from the web front end (including list creation on recentish versions, and depending if your MTA is supported in a way that allows it to know about new lists).  The archives are basically a bit lacking - on the exim lists we use the Lurker - lurker.sourceforge.net/ - archiver instead, which also has some lacks, but I think is better than the built in archiver.  Other possibilities are MHonArc as an archiver.

Majordomo is a older MLM - works pretty well, and there are some modern front ends for it.

Not used Sympa other than an end user.

	Nigel.