[Wylug-discuss] Chrome vs Firfox / Iceweasel

Anne Wilson cannewilson at googlemail.com
Sat May 8 18:14:59 UTC 2010

On Saturday 08 May 2010 11:42:11 Tommy He wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Just a word: there is a community build based on Google Chrome code called
> Chromium.

I've been using Chromium for a few weeks now.  I often have around 20 tabs
open, and it seems totally stable.  Unlike other browsers that promise to save
my tabs, but forget them from time to time, it's not let me down yet.  A
couple of times it failed to automatically restore, but then asked if I wanted
it to try to restore.  It then succeeded.  I think the problem there is that
one of the servers I work with is rather slow at responding sometimes, so that
it would say it had a problem with one tab and asked whether it should retry
or skip it.  Almost always it managed to load by the time I'd hit Retry with
the mouse.

It feels a little different from the average browser, but I like it.

Anne
--
KDE Community Working Group