[Wylug-discuss] New FSFE Free PDF Readers Campaign

Nigel Metheringham nigel.metheringham at dev.intechnology.co.uk
Fri Sep 17 11:49:21 UTC 2010

On 17 Sep 2010, at 12:20, John Hodrien wrote:
> It seems apt to suggest a site does quite a good job of providing a direct
> link to what you actually want while still allowing you to download different
> versions for different operating systems.
>
> http://get.adobe.com/uk/reader

Of course the majority of platforms (unfortunately not users, due to
the dominance of one particular OS provider) have a perfectly
functional PDF reader (normally with considerably fewer bugs, less
bloatiness, and a bit less of a tendency to add every insecure
feature you could think of) bundled with their OS.

At the risk of getting into a real rant about Adobe, I never cease
to be amazed at how a competent software company (I used to love the
PostScript red book) has become one of the slimiest purveyors of
crapware in the industry.

	Nigel.
--
[ Nigel Metheringham             Nigel.Metheringham at InTechnology.com ]