[Wylug-discuss] Printer recommendations wanted...

Richard Ibbotson richard.ibbotson at googlemail.com
Thu Mar 24 10:49:26 UTC 2011

On Thursday 24 March 2011 10:08:02 Smylers wrote:
> Jim Jackson writes:
> > Anyone recommend a robust small office printer mainly for b/w
> > printing but also ok for colour photo prints, that plays well
> > with Linux.
>
> Hi Jim. My dad bought an HP B109n last year and was very happy with
> it: http://j.mp/HP_B109n

HP are excellent.  The original example of reliable computer hardware.
I've been using a Samsung ML-1510 at home for quite a few years.  Just
plug and play with Ubuntu.  Also got a Brother DCP-350C on my Ubuntu
print server over the network.  The Brother printer came from Sheffield
Freecycle.  You can get either of these from Ebay.  The newer ML-1910
should be just as good....

http://www.printerland.co.uk/Samsung-Mono-Laser-Printers-C11225.aspx
http://www.printerland.co.uk/Samsung-ML-1910-P88434.aspx

Refilled cartridges for the Samsung printer from -
http://www.cartridgeworld.co.uk/ - for about £26 or 330.

--
Richard
http://www.sheflug.org.uk