[Wylug-discuss] Digital Camera Compatibility

Anne Wilson cannewilson at googlemail.com
Tue Mar 29 07:15:11 UTC 2011

On Monday 28 March 2011 23:39:05 John R Hudson wrote:
> I later read a thread on a forum about very cheap cameras only working
> with  Windows software but I doubt anyone would be considering one of
> those as a present.

Hehe - I bought a £5 camera from a charity auction on this list some time
back.  It worked, after a fashion, with the Windows software which was
absolutely horrible.  I attached it to my Linux box and Digikam immediately
recognised it and opened for file management.

Kodak cameras were, I think, the ones that used MTP and were less tractible
than others, but I haven't heard of any problem with Linux for some time.

Anne