[Wylug-discuss] Digital Camera Compatibility

John R Hudson j.r.hudson at virginmedia.com
Mon Mar 28 22:47:28 UTC 2011

When David Spencer gave a talk on this at Bradlug nearly two years ago he said
that when using a USB cable Canon/Nikon required gphoto2 but that all other
brands appeared as mass storage devices. In other words, any digital camera
will work with Linux.

I later read a thread on a forum about very cheap cameras only working with
Windows software but I doubt anyone would be considering one of those as a
present.

John