[Wylug-discuss] Digital Camera Compatibility

Richard Ibbotson richard.ibbotson at googlemail.com
Tue Mar 29 09:53:09 UTC 2011

On Tuesday 29 March 2011 09:10:43 Smylers wrote:
> Peter Nix writes:
> > Smylers, If all else fails/surprises, don't you just withdraw the
> > memory card and put it in the card reader?
>
> Quite possibly -- the whole point of this thread is that I _don't_
> know what I'm doing, so thanks for the suggestion!

Just about everything I did for magazines over the past ten years was
done that way.  Pull out the card.  Push it into a USB based card
reader.     Upload to wherever using SFTP.  Then send in the written
part later on when the editor has viewed the pictures.  The people at
the other end don't know that I'm using Kubuntu on my EeePC netbook.
They think I'm using winduhs.

Works for me :)

--
Richard