[Wylug-discuss] Printer recommendations wanted...

Smylers Smylers at stripey.com
Thu Mar 31 15:35:06 UTC 2011

A J Cole writes:

> HP branded cartridges.  I get mine from Choice Stationery who are
> off-shore cwand thusso get an edge by being vat free!

Choice appear to be in Guernsey. Are they one of those companies which
ship goods from the UK to Guernsey solely to be able to post it back to
the UK again (thereby qualifying for the VAT loophole)?

I do like the way these outfits handily allow you to show contempt for
both the environment and paying UK taxes in one handy transaction.

Note the highest price purchase you can do this with will be reduced
from £18 to £15 from November:
http://www.theregister.co.uk/2011/03/23/channel_islands_tax_stays/

Smylers