[Wylug-discuss] Recommendation: Linux-compatible Netbook Under GBP 250?

Dave Fisher davef at davefisher.co.uk
Fri Nov 25 12:08:53 UTC 2011

Thanks to all so far. More ideas welcome.

Thought I'd reply to this one for the edification of others:

On 25 November 2011 11:10, James Holden <wylug at jamesholden.net> wrote:
> Lenovo netbooks, and seem to follow the Thinkpad tradition of decent
> quality keyboards: http://rckt.me/yu8t

Even though that model is GBP 100 over my max price, I'd have gone for
it in a flash, if it had the 'IBM Nipple'.

However, I did notice that Amazon charge GBP 75 for the difference
between 2GB and 4GB of RAM ... but Crucial will sell you 8GB of
matching RAM for just under GBP 35 ... so there's a chance to save GBP
40 and get 4 extra GBs of RAM

... If you don't mind lifting the keyboard to fit it :-)

Dave