[Wylug-discuss] Ubuntu and Unity Desktop ... anyone like it?

Türker Sezer turkersezer at tsdesign.info
Wed Oct 12 03:07:43 UTC 2011

Hi all,

On Wed, Oct 12, 2011 at 2:56 AM, Dave Fisher <wylug-discuss at davefisher.co.uk
> wrote:

> Am I the only one struggling to be productive with the new GUI?

It is same for me.

When deadlines approach I'm forced to go back to the "Gnome Classic",
> but the latest Ubuntu version of Gnome seems to be suffering from the
> withdrawl of love, with many components breaking and the whole thing
> dog slow.

I tried to use unity a few times to help my colleagues (because they
couldn't understand it).

I can use most of new softwares intuitively but while using unity this
didn't work. I couldn't use taskbar, application menu etc. I only used
search box to open terminal and use terminal for all other things. Unity was
a big and useless application launcher for me.

I didn't understand what unity aim, why ubuntu chose it. I want to learn
these if there is anybody love unity.

--
Türker Sezer
Co-founder of TS Design Informatics LTD.

http://www.tsdesign.info/