[Wylug-discuss] Linux jobs in Sheffield

Seb James sjames at wmltd.co.uk
Tue Oct 18 12:47:15 UTC 2011

Hi Wyluggers,

We're on the look out for a programmer and/or someone to do Linux
support, working from our Sheffield office.

For the programming, the main languages in use are C++ and javascript,
but we'd welcome applications from those with good skills in another
object oriented programming language and a willingness to transition to
C++. There's the opportunity to work on our PDF manipulation code, and
also to do some work with OCR converted data.

The Linux support is all about accessing our various Linux systems (an
in-house build of Linux, which I talked about at one of your meetings
some years ago, running as virtual machines on an Ubuntu 10.04 KVM host)
and managing our web-based application. Some of the work is "Linux
support" and some is about learning our application and applying it to
fulfil our customers needs relating to document validation, print
outsource and electronic delivery.

Although we are small, our clients are impressive and include retail
giants whose adverts you will see regularly on TV, and financial
institutions selling insurance under brands with which you will be very
familiar.

Some more information here:

http://www.wmltd.co.uk/index.php/positions

kind regards,