[Wylug-discuss] UEFI

Ray Powell R.G.Powell at leeds.ac.uk
Mon Oct 24 14:12:45 UTC 2011

UEFI is now new. It has been used by Apple since they moved to Intel architecture.  Also I believe that on PCs support for disks bigger than 2TB is only in UEFI or at least requires a hybrid BIOS. In other respects UEFI is an improvement over the traditional BIOS. It can actually run in 32 (or 64?)  bit mode. The issue is whether secure boot should be turned on by default.

Ray Powell