[Wylug-discuss] Ubuntu loses the plot: looking elsewhere...

Simon Brown lists at 700c.org
Wed Oct 26 20:22:23 UTC 2011

At Thu, 13 Oct 2011 23:20:05 +0100,
Türker Sezer wrote:
> 13 Eki 2011 tarihinde 15:42 saatinde, Jim Jackson <jj at franjam.org.uk> şunları yazdı:
> > Any other recommendations?
> >
> > Other than Fedora that is :-) Yes I know about Fedora.
>
> You can try Pardus GNU/Linux for desktop systems. It is one of the best KDE distros.

I forgot to ask before:
All of the Kubuntu releases I've tried have had a common failing. The
desktop is noticeably sluggish until you disable the desktop
search/Strigi. After that all is well. Have the Pardus people fixed
this problem?

I've been told in the past that you've got to wait for computer to be
fully indexed, then there shouldn't be a problem. This has never been
the case for me.

Simon