[Wylug-discuss] advice on ebook reader or similar...

Jim Jackson jj at franjam.org.uk
Sat Sep 24 19:51:19 UTC 2011

Hi All,

generated a lot of discussion. I've googled around a bit more, and to be
honest, everyone seems to knock ereader's abilities with PDFs.

re. kindle...

On Thu, 22 Sep 2011, Dave Fisher wrote:

> 2. It doesn't re-flow PDF text ... not a problem if you have the A4
> Kindle, and mostly surmountable by (imperfect) conversion on the
> smaller device.

conversion to what format? Have you converted many PDFs? What's the
gotchas? From my browsing, it appears to be graphics in PDFs that cause the
main problems.

Does the kindle display epub books ok, or are there gotchas there too?

cheers
Jim