[Wylug-discuss] advice on ebook reader or similar...

Richard Ibbotson richard.ibbotson at googlemail.com
Tue Sep 27 20:48:11 UTC 2011

Hi

I thought I might mention this which popped up when I had a look at
the Daily Mail site....

http://tinyurl.com/6as4uqv

"  Lighting a fire under iPad: Amazon 'readies launch' of new colour
Kindle - and it could be the first to make Apple sweat
By Rob Waugh
Last updated at 4:09 PM on 27th September 2011
    New Kindle will be called Fire
    Android tablet will be 'half the price of iPad 2'
    Insiders describe it as 'first credible rival' to Apple

Amazon is holding a press conference this Wednesday where it's widely
expected that the media giant will unveil a new colour Kindle that
puts it on collision course with Apple - a device that could be half
the price of iPad 2.  Other tech giants from Motorola to Nokia have
tried the same thing, of course - and crashed and burned.  But Amazon
is already the world's largest online retailer - and comes armed with
a one-click ordering system that can deliver entertainment from books
to films to music with a single button-press. Other iPad rivals may
simply not have been entertaining enough.  "

--
Richard