[Wylug-discuss] Many Wireless Mice/Keyboards in the same room

Dave Fisher wylug-discuss at davefisher.co.uk
Fri Sep 30 09:32:14 UTC 2011

Ok, not a specifically Linux question, but I guess I'm more likely to
get a useful answer here than on many web forums.

I was thinking about putting together a portable training lab (a bunch
of netbooks in a bag) and avoiding cables seemed like the way to go.

Then I thought about the potential problem of one student's input
device driving another students PC.

Obviously not a problem with paired bluetooth devices, but I've been
pretty unhappy with the performance of most bluetooth input devices
I've used (OTOH I've been quite surprised by the quality of bluetooth
sound devices).

So, what about non-bluetooth wireless mice, etc.?

Are their usb dongles tied to a specific mouse, or if I have a roomful
of Logitech wireless mice, will every student end up driving their
neighbours' machines?

Dave