[Wylug-discuss] Many Wireless Mice/Keyboards in the same room

CStreet at tsys.com CStreet at tsys.com
Fri Sep 30 09:47:31 UTC 2011

I have three of the Logitech nano devices driving my mice - three mice
none of which interferes.

You can link extra devices to each receiver I think, so you have one
receiver for a keyboard and mouse pair. I've not explored this but it
seems quite a good setup. Sadly the configuration and pairing stuff is as
far as I know Windows only, but once set up you shouldnt have to change it
of course.

Chris Street MBCS
Senior Server Engineer, European Datacentre.

Dave Fisher <wylug-discuss at davefisher.co.uk>
Sent by: wylug-discuss-bounces at wylug.org.uk
30/09/2011 10:32

wylug-discuss at wylug.org.uk
cc

Subject
[Wylug-discuss] Many Wireless Mice/Keyboards in the same room

Ok, not a specifically Linux question, but I guess I'm more likely to
get a useful answer here than on many web forums.

I was thinking about putting together a portable training lab (a bunch
of netbooks in a bag) and avoiding cables seemed like the way to go.

Then I thought about the potential problem of one student's input
device driving another students PC.

Obviously not a problem with paired bluetooth devices, but I've been
pretty unhappy with the performance of most bluetooth input devices
I've used (OTOH I've been quite surprised by the quality of bluetooth
sound devices).

So, what about non-bluetooth wireless mice, etc.?

Are their usb dongles tied to a specific mouse, or if I have a roomful
of Logitech wireless mice, will every student end up driving their
neighbours' machines?

Dave

The information contained in this communication (including any
attachments hereto) is confidential and is intended solely for the
personal and confidential use of the individual or entity to whom
it is addressed. If the reader of this message is not the intended
communication in error and that any review, dissemination, copying,
or unauthorized use of this information, or the taking of any
please notify us immediately by e-mail, and delete the original
message. Thank you