[Wylug-discuss] Many Wireless Mice/Keyboards in the same room

Gary Stainburn gary.stainburn at ringways.co.uk
Fri Sep 30 09:56:26 UTC 2011

I have used a number of Logitech keyboards and mice in the same location /
multiple computers and users without issue.  Some of the cheaper ones are one
receiver <-> one device. Others you can pair up as has been said allowing one
receiver to control a keyboard and a mouse.

I've not had any problems with cross talk between devices, or had people's
mouse moving unusually.

Going evern further away from Linux.  Has anyone tried using bluetooth mice
and keyboards with a Samsung Galaxy S2?

I've got a USB host cable so I can connect memory sticks, card readers, or a
keyboard and they all see to work great, but I was thinking about bluetooth
as I'm getting tied up in cables.

Gary

On Friday 30 September 2011 10:32:07 Dave Fisher wrote:
> Ok, not a specifically Linux question, but I guess I'm more likely to
> get a useful answer here than on many web forums.
>
> I was thinking about putting together a portable training lab (a bunch
> of netbooks in a bag) and avoiding cables seemed like the way to go.
>
> Then I thought about the potential problem of one student's input
> device driving another students PC.
>
> Obviously not a problem with paired bluetooth devices, but I've been
> pretty unhappy with the performance of most bluetooth input devices
> I've used (OTOH I've been quite surprised by the quality of bluetooth
> sound devices).
>
> So, what about non-bluetooth wireless mice, etc.?
>
> Are their usb dongles tied to a specific mouse, or if I have a roomful
> of Logitech wireless mice, will every student end up driving their
> neighbours' machines?
>
> Dave

Gary Stainburn
Group I.T. Manager