[Wylug-discuss] West Yorkshire Python Group - AGM - This Sunday

Peter Russell qwertyface at gmail.com
Tue Apr 17 12:30:02 UTC 2012

== West Yorkshire Python User Group - Sunday 22 April - Venue TBC  ==

= This Month : Annual General Meeting =

This Sunday afternoon we are holding a weekend meeting to help us to
organise the group and plan for the future.

This meeting is open to everyone who has an interest in seeing a
vibrant Python community in West Yorkshire, regardless of whether
you've attended meetings in the past.

In particular we would welcome participation from people who are
members of other local community groups and members of Python groups
from other regions.

We do not yet have a venue confirmed. If you are interested in coming,
please check our website, follow us on Twitter, or join the mailing
list (see below for details).

= Draft Agenda =

If you would like to add anything to this agenda, please post to the
mailing list. Nothing is off limits.

1. Agreeing rules for the meeting, appointing a chair and secretary.
2. Agreeing the voting system for the leadership elections if necessary.
3. Leadership elections - See below
4. Meeting schedule - When should the monthly meetings be held?
5. The WYPy website - hosting, development etc.
6. Sponsorship
7. Venue for meetings
8. Any other business.

= Leadership Elections =

We intend to elect a leader for the group. Nominations are currently
open, and so we aren't able to include a list of candidates - again
check our website, Twitter or the mailing list to see the candidates
when they are available. Anyone who attends the meeting will be
eligible to vote, and there may be some email voting in advance of the
meeting for people who can't make it.

= About the Group =

The West Yorkshire Python User Group (WYPy) have been meeting monthly
since 2007. Our meetings are free, and usually include at least one
talk, as well as a trip to the pub.

Our website is at http://wypy.org.uk . We discuss our meetings on the
Python Yorkshire and Humberside Google Group
http://groups.google.com/group/python-yorks-humber/ and you can also
follow us on Twitter at @WYPython.