[Wylug-discuss] Logging AT

Stephen Franks stephen at franks.org.uk
Tue Apr 17 13:08:57 UTC 2012

At the risk of slipping off-topic, your DVBT problem sounds horribly familiar.

I had pretty much identical problems when I built my Freeview-basd MythTV recorder (around 2008). I found *lots* of discussions about it at the time, it was a common issue. As I recall it relates to USB errors when tuning, and I never saw a definitive fix, although there were lots of suggestions. For all suggested fixes, someone always claimed it didn't work for them (and nothing worked for me). Failing any proper fix, I cheated: I replaced my DVBT tuners with non-USB hardware. Not so easy now, I don't think anyone sells tuners that are not USB (internal cards still use USB, it just never appears on a connector).

I should note that at the time I knew next to nothing about Linux. I've come a way since then, but still a long way to go. :)

If you happen to find the cause I would be *very* interested! I've held off ever upgrading purely because of this problem.

If you'd like any references to the discussions I've seen let me know and I'll see if I've kept any links. A quick Google now finds http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=1687846.

Regards,

Stephen