[Wylug-discuss] advice on ebook reader or similar...

Jim Jackson jj at franjam.org.uk
Thu Feb 2 13:45:49 UTC 2012

On Sun, 29 Jan 2012, Dave Fisher wrote:

> I'm picking up this thread again, because my needs have evolved and
> are now very close to Jim Jackson's original concerns, i.e. I now
> want/need to read larger page-sized ebooks that only come in PDF
> format and don't really convert very well to epub or mobi.

Just to chip in myself. I've actually now got a kindle keyboard. I was sold
on the e-ink display. So far my PDF reading had been tolerable - not
perfect but copable with - I read landscape. Sometimes lack of colour can
impact diagrams more than size etc. If I run into problems I look at the
relevant part of the pdf on my desktop, I even print out the odd page!

I'm also enjoying the kindle as a regular ereader - oh the slippery
slope...

cheers
Jim