[Wylug-discuss] Buggered up Debian install

james riley jimr1603 at gmail.com
Thu Feb 2 15:03:54 UTC 2012

I went for what I thought was the easy solution and wiped the disk and
started again. I must have pressed /something/ wrong in the install
because I /thought/ I told the installer to do its automagic thing
with the hard disk, when what it actually did was give me 9gb for /
and a remaining 500gb for /home, where /home is encrypted.

I'd prefer to fix this without going all the way back to the install,
especially as it takes 1/2 a day to set up the crypto partition.

Is there a way to solve this? It's a bit disconcerting when aptitude
spits errors at me for lack of disk space. Especially when I've barely
begun installing some stuff.

Dump of df -h follows, since I think someone will ask for it.

james at Turings-Brain:~$ df -h
/dev/mapper/Turings--Brain-root
                      9.2G  8.8G     0 100% /
tmpfs                 1.5G     0  1.5G   0% /lib/init/rw
udev                  1.5G  216K  1.5G   1% /dev
tmpfs                 1.5G     0  1.5G   0% /dev/shm
/dev/sda1             228M   16M  201M   7% /boot
/dev/mapper/Turings--Brain-home
                      572G   58G  486G  11% /home
overflow              1.0M  192K  832K  19% /tmp