[Wylug-discuss] Running Windows with VirtualBox

Gary Stainburn gary.stainburn at ringways.co.uk
Fri Feb 3 15:33:10 UTC 2012

On Friday 03 February 2012 15:25:42 Smylers wrote:
> Good to hear. Any clues as to how?

As I said in my other post, you may be able to do this as part of the Linux
install.  Otherwise, use a liveCD and run parted. No doubt there are free
windows programs to do likewise.

> > Then install Linux.  It does mean a big chunk of hard drive is doing
> > nothing almost forever but maybe that's OK.
>
> Approximately how big? If in a year or two I'm running out of space and
> decide I don't want Windows, presumably I can reclaim it for Linux?

Try looking at how much data is in the windows partition, and resize it to
that+a bit to play with, e.g. 20GB.  It's really finger in the air here
though.

> Smylers

Gary Stainburn
Group I.T. Manager