[Wylug-discuss] Running Windows with VirtualBox

Smylers Smylers at stripey.com
Fri Feb 3 17:05:18 UTC 2012

A J Cole writes:

> > I'm confused! I interpreted your mail as saying that I wouldn't be
> > able to run the Windows I'll be getting inside a VM anyway,
> > regardless of the technology used to do it. Did I misunderstand?
>
> Very likely you won't for am OEM install.  However VMware Converter run
> off a CD/stick or installed on the Windows box is a route to converting
> to VBox (or VMware) with on the fly fixups for drivers etc..

Ah, I see. Thanks.

Following suggestions I'm going to go with a dual boot set-up initially,
cos that seems like the least hassle that avoids clobbering Windows --
thereby leaving the option open for later trying VMWare Converter on it.

Thank you everybody.

Smylers

PS: Apologies to the Johns on this list for mis-attributing them
earlier.