[Wylug-discuss] Booting from external SSD ... Your thoughts and experiences?

Dave Fisher davef at davefisher.co.uk
Fri Feb 17 13:51:26 UTC 2012

It's kind of related, so I'll mention this little gadget that I
recently discovered:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/IOMAX-SATA-Adapter-Power-Drive/dp/B001A5SK56

If nothing else, it looks like a convenient way to hook up some of the
ancient IDE/PATA drives that I've got sitting in drawers all over the
place.

I know that they contain at least one interesting dataset that doesn't
show up on any of my current systems ;-)

I came across this gadget while fantasising about hooking up an SSD,
and a Raspberry Pi to hotel tellys :-D

Dave