[Wylug-discuss] [OT] windows gripes...

Dave Fisher davef at davefisher.co.uk
Fri Feb 17 15:20:57 UTC 2012

On 17 February 2012 15:03, Richard Ibbotson
<richard.ibbotson at googlemail.com> wrote:
> On Friday 17 February 2012 14:59:37 Jim Jackson wrote:
>> [1] Ok another gripe, at one time it would be aimed at MS, but now
>> I aim it at alot graphical applications. Why are error messages
>> flagged up in a jolly little window that doesn't allow one to cut
>> n' paste the error message! You have to type the ****** thing out
>> into google (or similar). <sarcasm>Yes I know the messages look
>> pretty.</sarcasm>
>
> winduhs.... what can you do with it ?

Err Richard, I think you missed the point ... Jim was specifically
pointing out that increasing numbers of non-Windows (e.g. Linux) GUI
apps have unselectable/copy-able dialogue box content.

Frankly it drives me livid ... especially when done by smug,
hubris-filled, FLOSS merchants.

Dave