[Wylug-discuss] Which? magazine

Richard Ibbotson richard.ibbotson at googlemail.com
Thu Feb 23 11:15:03 UTC 2012

On Thursday 23 February 2012 11:00:18 John wrote:
> > Unless it's changes recently (within the lay year) ebooks often
> > cost more than a physical paperback, sometimes as much as a
> > hardback.
>
> I didn't know that (I'm not an early or even late adopter in this
> case). How odd.

That's why I use Amazon for a reference.  To find other publications.
If I want to read something I go here...  I'm one of the people who
helped to build this back in the 90's...

http://www.gutenberg.org/

> I'm horrified that the author/artist gets so little but the big
> company gets so much.  This is not what was intended when
> Copyright was first created.  It is not what used to happen way
> back then.  It needs to change and I hope more IP creators will
> self-publish or that low charging (say 25%; creator gets 75%)
> publishers will appear.

Because I've written so much for Linux magazines over the past ten
years I've been asked to write ten different Linux books.  I didn't
bother because I couldn't see how I has going to be paid for it.
Tried writing novels as well.  Seems like do it thiself online
publishing is the way to go.  Something from a friend of mine who
doesn't get paid much either....

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Patrick-H.-
Stakem/e/B000APTJHK/ref=ntt_athr_dp_pel_1

--
Richard