[Wylug-discuss] Copy files by date

Nigel Metheringham nigel at dotdot.it
Wed Jan 25 16:24:28 UTC 2012

On 25 Jan 2012, at 15:41, Dave Fisher wrote:
> What's the best way of installing gnu/linux/etc apps on OSX these days?
>
> By best, I mean: easy to manage/configure with a wide range of up to
> date binaries in the repository

I prefer homebrew at present:-
  http://mxcl.github.com/homebrew/

It doesn't seem to have quite the wild eyed zealot tendancy to bring in a complete operating systems worth of packages to build just one thing...

Downside is, by default, it shoves stuff into /usr/local as the local user, which feels a little wrong (personal installs into a systemish location).

	Nigel.

--
[ Nigel Metheringham ------------------------------ nigel at dotdot.it ]
[                 Ellipsis Intangible Technologies                  ]