[Wylug-discuss] Raspberry Pi

Simon Brown lists at 700c.org
Wed Jun 6 18:48:02 UTC 2012

At Wed, 6 Jun 2012 11:04:01 +0100,
Dave Fisher wrote:
> I'm a little worried by reports of USB and SD card sluggishness, but
> I'm not in any hurry to get going, so I'm happy to wait for a few
> rounds of bug fixing in the various distros.

SD cards are sluggish, but some are *much* worse than
others. Unfortunately it's hard to tell in advance how a SD card will
perform. The Class Rating is of no use whatsoever [1]. Some uSD
benchmarks can be found here:
http://www.sakoman.com/OMAP/microsd-card-perfomance-test-results.html

I use Sandisk extreme 30MB/s parts at the moment. If anyone knows
of anything better do let me know.

Simon.

[1] I have a Sandisk class 6 which has a sustained write speed three
times faster than a  Kingston class 10. This is with OMAP dev boards.