[Wylug-discuss] Commercial grade PHP applications

Glenn Glidden glenn at glidden.org.uk
Fri Jun 29 11:23:11 UTC 2012

On Jun 29, 2012 11:16 "Richard Ibbotson"
<richard.ibbotson at googlemail.com> wrote:
> On Friday 29 Jun 2012 10:33:52 Glenn Glidden wrote:
> > Can I ask, as a general discussion, if anyone knows of any
> > commercial grade PHP applications or better still develops them?
> Drupal and Wordpress were accepted by the Whitehouse in Washignton
> D.C. and No:10 Downing Street a long time ago. I think schools do
> something like Moodle ?
> <https://help.ubuntu.com/community/ApacheMySQLPHP>
> <https://help.ubuntu.com/community/WordPress>
> <http://moodle.org/>
> MWUG is over in Manchester. One of the original Wordpress developers
> runs the meetings. Could be useful ? - <http://mwug.info/>
> --
> Richard
> http://www.sheflug.org.uk <http://www.sheflug.org.uk/>
> <https://twitter.com/SleepyPenguin1>
Thanks Richard.  To clarify, we do have a RedHat box here that does our
internet filtering and hosts our Moodle site.  I use Wordpress for my
personal website and have used Joomla at another College.

Maybe the answer is that there are these products that are used by big
organisations (Open University now use Moodle as well I believe) so just
look at how they do it.

Glenn.