[Wylug-discuss] Fastest domestic broadband in Leeds?

Simon Iremonger (lugs) enyc-lugs at sheer.us
Mon Mar 26 16:09:23 UTC 2012

> Among the reasons I'm asking here is that I'd guess that most WYLUG
> members get as annoyed as I do by duplicitous Ts&Cs, "Unlimited"
> services that are limited/throttled, content/site filtering, etc.
> So what's the fastest full, uncensored, service that one can get over
> BT copper in this area? Dave

If you want extremely helpful isp with, precisely that,
  no filtering, no silly throttling (basically try to
  run uncontented, and detect where there are BT bottlenecks
  and hassle BT to sort out BT-side-bottlenecks),
  I would very much reccomend AAISP, if they are in your
  budget =).  They have very helpful latency monitoring,
  user accessible graphs,  generally no-nonsense...
  No charge for IPv6 or Legacy IP blocks etc.

http://aa.net.uk/    aka.   http://sod.ms

Supply everywhere with BT 20CN and BT 21CN (and also BE LLU).
  Also FTTC where available....

They are no good if you want lots of download traffic in the
  9am-6pm mon-fri.  If you can manage such that dl traffic is
  outside those hours, it may well be fine.  (download
  data outside those hours is like < 1/20 of the unit-usage).

Worth asking them anyway, etc.

--Simon

p.s. some people say good things about Zen.

p.s. I'm not in the area but nonetheless a very helpful lurker
  on many lists =).