[Wylug-discuss] Fastest domestic broadband in Leeds?

Tim Fletcher tim at night-shade.org.uk
Mon Mar 26 16:46:00 UTC 2012

On Sun, 2012-03-25 at 23:31 +0100, Dave Fisher wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm getting a bit ticked-off with my previously excellent supplier
> (Bethere ... never been as good as it was in pre-O2 days) so looking
> for alternatives.
>
> Among the reasons I'm asking here is that I'd guess that most WYLUG
> members get as annoyed as I do by duplicitous Ts&Cs, "Unlimited"
> services that are limited/throttled, content/site filtering, etc.
>
> So what's the fastest full, uncensored, service that one can get over
> BT copper in this area?

WebTapestry based in Manchester are my current supplier, they are not
the cheapest but they have a good service and no messing about with
proxies, filters and is really unlimited.

Now granted I am FTTC so I get a good fast connection to start with but
I will normally get 3+MB/s from decently connected servers, peaking at
line speed of about 4.2MB/s, FTTC also gives you 10Mbit/s upstream which
is very helpful for photographers uploading or running servers in your
basement as well as general remote access to "stuff at home"

--
Tim Fletcher <tim at night-shade.org.uk>