[Wylug-discuss] Fastest domestic broadband in Leeds?

Dave Fisher davef at davefisher.co.uk
Tue Mar 27 11:58:37 UTC 2012

On 26 March 2012 17:45, Tim Fletcher <tim at night-shade.org.uk> wrote:
> Now granted I am FTTC so I get a good fast connection to start with but
> I will normally get 3+MB/s from decently connected servers, peaking at
> line speed of about 4.2MB/s, FTTC also gives you 10Mbit/s upstream which
> is very helpful for photographers uploading or running servers in your
> basement as well as general remote access to "stuff at home"

Thanks Tim, that's very useful to know.

I should have mentioned it in my initial message, but the lousy
200KB/s that I'm getting upstream is one of the bugbears of my current
service ... although it's nowhere near as irritating as the frequent
outages I experienced Aug-Dec 2011.

In past years Bethere conceded that one or two of the outages and
line-speed problems were due to errors at the exchange ... now they
admit nothing, even though the problems are far more common.

Dave