[Wylug-discuss] Virgin broadband (North East Leeds)

Ray Powell R.G.Powell at leeds.ac.uk
Wed Mar 28 14:47:50 UTC 2012

Virgin are referring to the throughput of the router rather than its ability to support a 100 Mb or 10Mb connection. Some old routers will not support 30 Mb of actual traffic. In fact the Virgin service is really 32 Mb and in LS28 I regularly see examples of data being delivered at very nearly full line rate  when the other end of the connection can supply it.
The Virgin Super Hub is a Netgear router with built-in cable modem.

Ray Powell