[Wylug-discuss] "Dynamic" QR codes... [OT sorry]

Jim Jackson jj at franjam.org.uk
Wed Aug 21 16:27:15 UTC 2013

As a member of a volunteer group, I'm involved with helping a large
organisation produce some leaflets, and the editorial group want a QR code
on the leaflet.

The IT dept. isn't really geared up for this, and but says the QR code
can't point to the volunteer groups website, the extra info has to be
hosted on their system. It now transpires that we must use a "dynamic qr
code" - the content url is likely to change regularly. I don't think their
IT staff can provide this service :-)

Ok so any advice on pros and cons of ways to redirect the QR url to the
current content url. I'm proposing on running this on the volunteer groups
webservice, so I'm not sure http redirection is on. It's probably got to be
html based.

cheers
Jim