[Wylug-discuss] [Wylug-announce] Social Meeting - 11 February 2013

Nigel Metheringham nigel at dotdot.it
Tue Feb 12 10:45:47 UTC 2013

All announce emails are moderated, and there is a dependency on the
load/availability of the moderators.

In this case it was posted late Sunday, so the earliest I would have
seen it would have been Monday, except I was tied up through the whole
day and did not get a chance to deal with held mail.  I suspect a
similar thing happened with the other people that moderate.
[Incidentally it was not me that dealt with that email - it had been
allowed through before I got to the list this morning]

Expecting lighting response on an announce list is unrealistic.

	Nigel.

PJR wrote:
> Paul,
>
> There's something going on here.  I didn't receive this email until the
> morning of 12th!! I don't have this problem with any other emails.
>
> Rgds
>

> Peter J Robinson
>
> *Email:* pjrobinson at metronet.co.uk
>
> *Skype:* tobizskype
> On 10/02/13 22:30, Paul Brook wrote:
>> The next meeting will be on Monday 11th February at Veritas[1] for a
>> social meet-up. I'll be there from about 7:30.
>>
>> Feel free to bring your Linux problems and issues down for the experts to take
>> a look at (laptops only, of course).
>>
>> If you're new to Linux and want a little hand-holding, do come along, or if
>> you just fancy a bit of geeky chat there’s always lively debate on a range of
>> geek and non-geek subjects.
>>
>> [1] bit.ly/fsZBe7

[ Nigel Metheringham ------------------------------ nigel at dotdot.it ]
[                 Ellipsis Intangible Technologies                  ]