[Wylug-discuss] [Wylug-announce] Social Meeting - 11 February 2013

Martyn Ranyard ranyardm at gmail.com
Tue Feb 12 11:58:55 UTC 2013

Hi Nigel,

Perhaps the moderators are not the right people to be moderating the
announce list then?  Sorry to sound like I'm griping here, but this has now
happened more than one month running.

As it is we have a very loose organisational "structure", and Paul is
generally "announcing" the meeting because noone else has.  If the
announcement doesn't get through, we're wasting Paul's time and not exactly
encouraging people to turn up.  It also makes us look even less organised
than we are, which is impressive considering the loose collection of geeks
that we are.

Perhaps Paul could be added to the mod list so he can approve his own
announcement, in lieu of a formal organisation.  Other than that, is there
a genuine problem with spam at the announce list?  If there is no actual
moderation happening, need we even have it as moderated?

Just my tuppence.
--
Martyn

It seems this now happens on a monthly basis