[Wylug-discuss] [Wylug-announce] Social Meeting - 11 February 2013

Nigel Metheringham nigel at dotdot.it
Tue Feb 12 13:18:21 UTC 2013

Martyn Ranyard wrote:
> Other than that, is there a genuine problem with spam at the announce
> list?  If there is no actual moderation happening, need we even have it
> as moderated?

You would not like it unmoderated.
Its been a publicly advertised mailing list for around 15 years - every
spam source on the internet has it as a recipient.
Even after the initial spam blocking, at least 99% of what hits the
moderation queue is garbage.

The sea of spam is why I, at least, work on the basis of checking the
queue on a roughly daily basis rather than having immediate alerts on
messages.

We could configure a few trusted senders.

	Nigel.
--
[ Nigel Metheringham ------------------------------ nigel at dotdot.it ]
[                 Ellipsis Intangible Technologies                  ]