[Wylug-discuss] Fwd: Upgrading the netbook [Incident: 150205-000843]

Andrew Lindley andrew at andrewlindley.co.uk
Mon Feb 9 18:31:37 UTC 2015

Anne,

On all the Atom netbooks I've come across it's the processor itself
which won't address more than 2GB.

If you don't mind a slightly heavier and larger format (12.1" 1024x768
screen) then you can put 3GB in a Libreboot X60 from
Gluglug.org.uk[1].  Or up to 8GB in a Libreboot X200 (12.1" 1280x800)
from the same place, but they're not netbook prices like the X60.
They're both FSF RYF (Respect Your Freedom) certified too.

But you'd have to ditch the W$... :)

Leny

[1] http://shop.gluglug.org.uk/