[Wylug-discuss] Technical enlightenment request

Graham Whaley graham.whaley at gmail.com
Tue Jul 28 22:19:18 UTC 2015

I'm a little confused here - so you are running PoE to power all of
those devices? - you have some device (a PoE enabled network switch or
a PoE 'injector' somewhere in your network system) supplying the power
to the ethernet cables, and the devices thus do not run of normal
'mains' power -yes? Either that, or you are actually asking a question
about mains wiring - not quite clear to me.
Not being a PoE expert I went and read the wikipedia article - seems
you can only normally upto 15-25w of power to each device, which feels
borderline to me for running a laptop for instance.

 Graham