[Wylug-discuss] Watching Channel 4 on Ubuntu

Smylers Smylers at stripey.com
Wed May 27 12:34:50 UTC 2015

Rob Speed <Rob.Speed at bbc.co.uk> writes:

> I get the same issue in Firefox, Chromium, Opera that you get in
> Chromium.

Hi, Rob. Thanks for confirming.

> If I wireshark it, I see that C4 isn't responding to the request - I
> suggest a temporary backend issue, they're normally quite good at
> responding to issues brought to their attention.

Ah. The information for a different error message mentions “a known
issue which will be resolved shortly”, so maybe that's it:
http://www.channel4.com/4viewers/faq/name/digital-rights-error-3307/id/502974108

> BTW - iPlayer should work wonderfully on Linux (other VOD products are
> available, cough..........)

Indeed it does (nice email address you've got there, by the way!), but
that isn't any use for a programme we missed on Channel 4.

Smylers
--
http://twitter.com/Smylers2