[Wylug-discuss] report on latest meeting -draft version 1

Darren Menachem Drapkin darren.drapkin at ntlworld.com
Mon Jul 25 21:13:40 UTC 2016

The meeting sort of started with me (Darren) and John from BradLUG
waiting for the rest of you in the entrance to the Adelphi. By about
7:30pm most of you who stayed for the meeting (names???) had arrived.

Topics of discussion included

Taking a fortnight to download a copy of slackware in the days of
phone-line modem connections.
How big Leeds DevOps is now.
How cheap computers are getting.
The way they teach computing - esp Linux in France, thanks Jean-Jaques
(spelling of name?)
Why Leeds is a good place to work in computing.

Most of us boggled at eachother's tablets and my substitute for a tablet
-a  camera that cost me less than a beer!

By ~9pm I had to depart.

If anyone can improve on this report please reply to this mailing list
or to me. In the next few days I will post it to the web site.

Darren Menachem Drapkin