[Wylug-discuss] Moving meetings to city centre?

Andrew Glass andrew.glass at linuxdojo.co.uk
Sun Jun 12 14:46:55 UTC 2016

Hey guys

I know you were discussing new venues for our monthly meetings.  I have asked at work if its ok for us to hold some or all of our events at my workplace.  I had to seek approval before it could be an option to discuss.  As some of you know I work at aql in the city centre which is based out of Salem Chapel next door to the Tetley Buiding:

https://aql.com/ <https://aql.com/>

I have been given approval for us to use the bar area and we have access to a pretty cool datacentre (that is below the old church seating/auditorium area).

Picture of the data centre (its completely full down there now) http://www.trefor.net/2014/12/02/ixleeds-4-thursday/ <http://www.trefor.net/2014/12/02/ixleeds-4-thursday/>

We have onsite free wifi and there are presentation faclities available for anyone that would like to do any talks.  Im currently upgrading our wifi in the bar to Rukus r700 ap’s and we can use the building as little or as much as we decide.

Just thought I would throw this option in the hat for our choices should you wish to move?

Hope this is helpful.

Best wishes

Andy