[Wylug-discuss] Tomorrows meeting

Graham Whaley graham.whaley at gmail.com
Wed Oct 26 11:08:22 UTC 2016

On 26 October 2016 at 11:59, Richard Ibbotson via Wylug-discuss
<wylug-discuss at wylug.org.uk> wrote:
> On Wednesday, 26 October 2016 11:50:37 BST David Morris via Wylug-
> discuss wrote:
>> A container introduction would be great! I keep being told we need
>> to move to containers.
>
> https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=linuxcon+europe+2016
>
> LinuxCon in Berlin and MesosCon in Amsterdam were about container
> security.  You should see more on YouTube about this in the coming
> weeks as more video is uploaded.  They like to upload video of the
> presentations.

Yep - LinuxCon+ContainerCon in Berlin - I was there.
I think they only video'd the keynotes - they are not exposed on
youtube yet, but you can go watch them if you sign in/up via the
LinuxFoundation here I believe:
https://www.linux.com/news/watch-videos-linuxcon-containercon-europe

I would expect them to make them visible through the normal youtube
public pages sometime in the not too distant future.
Many of the slide decks are up on the LF website though:
http://events.linuxfoundation.org/events/containercon-europe

Indeed, LinuxCon+ContainerCon seemed to be very heavily weighted
towards containers, and the container talks seemed to be mostly about
the security aspects of containers.

Side note - next year I believe the format of the conference is
changing a bit (more combining/splitting of topics I think as our
world shifts focus and view), and will be held in Prague :-)

 Graham