[Wylug-discuss] meetup group closing?

John Leach john at johnleach.co.uk
Wed Aug 22 12:53:56 UTC 2018

Hi,

I got an "Important Message about West Yorkshire Linux users group"
from meetup.com saying the current organiser, David Morris, "stepped
down without nominating a replacement".

I have an meetup organiser account already with a spare slot so I took
it over for now.

I can't find any discussion about what's going on with it - am I
missing it somewhere?

The wylug.org.uk website hasn't had a post in almost a year (almost to
the day!) so the meetup group seems the primary notification about
meetings at the moment.

I've not been to a meeting for quite a while so aren't really the best
person to be organising it, though I don't mind it using the slot on my
subscription. Who should be adding to manage it? Or is it not relevant
and should be left to close?

John.
--
https://johnleach.co.uk