[Wylug-help] transparent squid proxy and a firewall

Bentony@leedsnet.com Bentony at leedsnet.com
Fri, 01 Sep 2000 17:36:36 +0100

> > hosts. Firewalls will change again with the new kernel.
>
>Oh marvellous.  Just when I learn one system... <g>  (I still run 2.0.36 on
>some non-safety-critical boxen).

About 80% of the way down
<
URL:http://linuxtoday.com/news_story.php3?ltsn=2000-07-17-014-04-NW-LF-KN >. I
think that this brings a complete implementation of NAT and is therefore to be
welcomed.

I too have 2.0.36 on one machine; you might want to check on security and
related fixes which can bring it up to 2.0.39.

Note that although the rpms and tarballs that contain the kernel source
steadily increase in size, most of the enlargement is drivers and architecture
specific code. The actual core of the kernel has stayed much the same
size for years. There is no need to upgrade any late 2.0 kernel if you
are happy with it.

See < URL:http://www.kernelnotes.org/20-index.html >.

Ben.