[Wylug-help] Re: "Carrier not detected" with dialup

Richardr.ibbotson@zetnet.co.uk Richardr.ibbotson at zetnet.co.uk
Thu, 14 Sep 2000 20:42:11 +0100

Rajiv

On Thu, 14 Sep 2000, you wrote:

> The modem, though, makes the requisite noises while dialing, and shortl=
> thereafter quits, followed by the "Carrier not detected" message.

I've been through several different versions of this one before
dropping the old modem in the bin and going over to ISDN2e with SuSE
6.4 from home.

One of them is......   has the BT system mysteriously enabled a
feature like call forwarding or it's own built in answering machine ?
Also, I did have two modems that failed in just this way.  They did
look as if they were still working but closer examination proved
there were messed up :(

Try a few terninal window modem tests ?  Man WVdial ?  See the WVdial
site for more info ?

 Thanks

 --  Richard
Sheffield UK