[Wylug-help] Linux and Dual Processors ? Triple booting ?

JamesOgleyogley@suse.co.uk JamesOgleyogley at suse.co.uk
Tue, 19 Sep 2000 12:18:34 BST

> I thought that Celerons didn't have the APIC tracks joined; that they
> couldn't (without modification) be used as anything but uniprocessor.

The ABit BP6 mainboard is the dual-processor freak's friend :)

As for dual processor Linux, all distros *should* support it, and even if
their default kernels are uniprocessor, you can compile an SMP one.

Don't know about Mandrake, but SuSE gives you the option of which kernel to
use if you choose the 'expert' installation, and even if you don't, you can
subsequently change from the same selection using YaST (our setup tool)

Our contact address is info@suse.co.uk

Regards

James Ogley

--
James Ogley, Network Manager, SuSE Linux Ltd - +44 (0) 20 8 387 4088
@ Work: ogley@suse.co.uk http://www.suse.co.uk