[Wylug-help] Swing Confusion: Oddly floating (J)Components

Willswills@vwsws1.vws.co.uk Willswills at vwsws1.vws.co.uk
Thu, 21 Sep 2000 20:30:00 +0100 (BST)

  I've got an application containing (all) Swing components which is
not behaving; the interface has six alike panes, with controls in,
and one "about" pane with just labels. The "control" panels all have
a Checkbox each, and all seven are selectable through the tabs of a
JTabbedPane.

  What I *observe* is that the "about" panel is visible by default,
but one of the Checkboxes from the other panels is floating above
it! This (mis)behaviour stops once I've viewed all the seven panes,
which leads me to the conclusion a suitable re/validate() will fix
it, but I've tried lots of things to no avail.

  ObSimilarProblem: in a "wizard" application, I prepare a list
(thinks: ...Checkboxes again... must be missing something crucial!)
and add it to a JScrollPane, and despite the scrollbars changing size
appropriately, the containing pane cannot be coaxed into not floating
over everything else.

Confused,
	Wills.